Rab Men's Mythic Alpine Down Jacket
Built for reaching frost shattered summits in the biting cold, this ultralight down jacket offers alpinists and mountaineers impressive warmth and mobility.
The Alpine Jacket in our Mythic series is designed for those moving fast and light. For those who want an extremely warm down jacket you can climb in, stash easily, and throw on when you need an instant boost of heat. Shaving grams wherever possible it has lightweight, low bulk, stitch-through construction to stabilise the down while allowing excellent breathability. Squares around the core maximise warmth while regular baffles on the sleeves improve mobility. Pre curved and articulated the sleeves have also been designed to allow easy arm lift, movement, and articulation for climbing.
To keep weight at a minimum we used an ultralight 10D outer which is 100% recycled. This Pertex® Quantum fabric with built-in ripstop is strong, durable, weather protective and feels soft to the touch. Slim-fitting and low bulk, the jacket layers easily under a shell and helps manage moisture through your gear, perfect for moving at pace. When a balance of weight, mobility and warmth are critical for success, the Mythic Alpine Jacket is the ultimate choice.
Achieving exceptional levels of warmth to weight and incorporating our cutting edge TILT technology for the first time, this collection features the lightest and warmest jackets we've ever made.
This product no longer contains fluorocarbons. Whether that’s in a DWR, on the zips, the threads or in the fabric. Find out more about how we’re cutting fluorocarbons from our gear.
A soft, lightweight, windproof fabric that encourages insulation to fully loft. Highly packable and protective, it's ideal for mountain activities.
Fill Power - 900
Fill power is all about down quality, not quantity. Find out more about what fill power means for you when you're out in the mountains in cold conditions.
What is hydrophobic down?
We finish all our down with a hydrophobic treatment that enables it to retain its loft in damp conditions, so that your gear dries fast and stays warm. Find out how it works.
*With the exception of our 1000FP down.
RDS Certified Down
The Responsible Down Standard independently certifies down against animal welfare requirements and tracks it from the source to the final product.
- Fit: Slim
- Weight: 313g (Size M)
- Insulation Type: 900FP European Goose Down with Nikwax Fluorocarbon-Free Hydrophobic Finish (140g Size M)
- Product Code: QDB-45
- Lightweight zoned stitch-through construction for optimum warmth and down stabilisation
- Down-filled hood with part elasticated opening and stiffened peak
- Lightweight YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with fleece lined chin guard for comfort
- Precurved and articulated sleeves for improved fit and movement
- 2 YKK® concealed zipped hand pockets
- Part elasticated cuffs for optimum fit and reduced bulk
- Dual sided rear hem adjustment with anti snag tether
- Supplied with a lightweight stuff sack
- Outer: 100% Recycled Polyamide. Lining: 100% Recycled Polyamide
- 10D Recycled Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop (28gsm) with fluorocarbon free DWR
- Centre back length (Size M): 75cm