Rab Andes 1000 Sleeping Bag
NOTE: Some items from Rab are not currently stocked within New Zealand and will be sent express from the UK taking roughly 8 working days. Please get in contact before purchasing if you need an item in a shorter timeframe.
The Andes 1000 offers similar warmth to the Expedition range, in a more performance orientated shape, maximising warmth-to-weight and reducing pack size.
With 1000g of high quality 800FP ethically sourced European Goose Down, the Andes 1000 is designed for use up to 8000m altitude or on exposed belays, in temperatures as low as -27°C. Styled in a 'mummy shape' to reduce pack size, the Andes 1000 uses a combination of high quality Pertex® inner and outer fabrics to provide increased durability and windproof. Key features include longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration, chest baffles with internal Flowgate® technology and anti-snag webbing tape throughout.
The Andes range of sleeping bags are hand-filled in Derbyshire, UK.
We are masters of insulation.
It’s been over 30 years since the first Rab sleeping bag was hand cut, sewn and filled in a small terraced house in Sheffield. Having spent years in the mountains Rab Carrington’s original designs were inspired by his experience. Making products for climbers by climbers, function and performance lay at the heart of his designs.
Filled, stitched and finished in Derbyshire, his same values have been carried forward to the present day. By paying attention to the smallest detail and simplest innovation, we remain committed to making sleeping bags that will last a lifetime.
- 1605g / 56.6oz
- Comfort N/A, Limit -27°C(-17°F), Extreme N/A
- Pertex® Quantum Pro outer fabric
- Pertex® Quantum inner fabric with Polygiene® Stays Fresh Technology
- Pertex® Quantum Pro inner fabric in hood and foot
- 800FP R.D.S Certified European Goose Down
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Longitudinal chest baffles with internal Flowgate® technology to control down
- Face baffle for improved hood fit
- Mummy shape
- Longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK® 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- ¾ length YKK® 5 coil main zip
- Left hand zip only
- Anti snag zipper webbing tape
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Dry bag compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Filled in Derbyshire UK
- Insulation - 800FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down:,1000g / 35.3oz